I. General Conditions
1. The event organizer shall ensure that all parties involved in realizing the event, particularly organizer personnel and subcontractors are informed of the applicable terms and conditions of use to the extent necessary and are required to adhere to such terms and conditions.
2. All of prices are exclusive of tax and are subject to the statutory VAT.
3. The security concept for public events is subject to special restrictions, which have to be synchronized timely with ewerk GmbH.
II. Exterior areas
4. A minimum of one to three security officers shall be provided for surveillance of the neighboring areas in the event the courtyards and/or parking lot are used. The number of such officers shall be determined by the nature and scope of the event. Such security officers shall be hired by ewerk.
5. The Promoter shall ensure a smooth logistic flow, whereby any delivery actions shall be agreed with ewerk GmbH in advance.
6. Access and deliveries by vehicles with more than 7,5 t shall be possible exclusively via Wilhelmstrasse 43 (opposite the Ministry of Finance). Therefor only the right access way shall be used. Driving onto the left access way is prohibited.
7. Smaller deliveries with up to 7,5 t can also take place via Mauerstraße 78-80 until 10 pm. The delivery via Mauerstraße 78-80 will take place via the passage to Court II.
8. Deliveries via Mauerstraße after 10 pm can only take place after approval of ewerk GmbH.
9. The small pavement in court III shall not be driven on by vehicles exceeding 2.8 t.
10. The accesses to the area as well as the entrance and exit to the courtyards and parking lot, shall be kept free of any obstruction at all times.
11. It must be possible to manoeuvre vehicles without delay. The mobile phone number of the driver shall be placed behind the windshiel
12. The instructions of the agents of ewerk GmbH shall be complied with.
13. The German traffic regulations [Straßenverkehrsordnung – StVO] shall apply.
III. Hall C
14. If Hall C is used, at least 2 security guards shall be required during the building periods. During the event time, depending on the event concept, at least 6 security guards shall be required. The security personnel shall be provided by ewerk GmbH.
15. A maximum of 100 people are allowed to enter the gallery (mezzanine floor) in Hall C.
16. If the gallery is used, 2 security guards shall be required for the access ways to the gallery. The security personnel shall be provided by ewerk GmbH.
17. If the basement below Hall C is to be used, 1 to 3 security guards shall be required for the access ways to the basement. The number of such officers shall depend on the nature and scope of the event. These security guards shall be provided by ewerk GmbH.
18. Smoking is prohibited in the basement. If any element of the fire alarm system is deactivated, staff working in the basement shall be given fire protection instructions.
19. All fog and cooking activities in the location require the in-house fire alarm system to be switched off and must be notified in writing to ewerk GmbH no later than two weeks before the start of the event. In this case, ewerk GmbH will provide a fire station for the required period of time (including trial runs). Should a false alarm be triggered by disregard, the costs for the firefighting operation of the organizers shall be borne in full.
20. The catering company commissioned by the organizer must ensure that all cooking activities in the location are carried out using substances that require Class F extinguishing agents (e.g. grease fires) by providing a sufficient quantity of ready-to-use grease extinguishers according to DIN EN 3, which are ready on site before the start of cooking stand, be secured. The catering company is also required to follow the instructions of the fire safety staff of ewerk GmbH.
21. Cooking with gas-powered appliances (including fuel pastes) is strictly prohibited. Only electronically operated equipment is allowed.
22. The vestibule loading doors shall be operated solely by personnel that have been trained to operate such doors.
23. All doors and windows shall be kept closed when noisy activities such as rehearsals, sound checks and performances are in progress.
24. Hall C is equipped with a permanently installed load lifting system with four to eight suspension points, consisting of Movecat 500kg D8+ motors (4m/min, single-strand chain, dead weight, and lifting equipment: 60kg) as well as Globaltruss F34 (dead weight: 6kg/lfm).
25. The motors can be individually operated via an 8-fold control system with remote control. This does not include load measurement capabilities because this installation comprises only specific systems (single span girders). The installation can be expanded using additional traverses and motors.
26. Any event organizers wishing to include a load lifting system in their technical plan must make use of the ewerk’s in-house system.
27. The use of this system is associated with a rental cost for the event organiser. This cost will be included as a separate line within the event budget proposal.
28. It is the responsibility of the event organizer to hire a rigger for the set-up and dismantling and/or modification of the load lifting system.
29. Any rigger wishing to work on an event at the ewerk must provide documentation of the relevant qualifications to the ewerk GmbH no less than 14 days prior to the start of set-up.
30. If required, the ewerk can provide rigging services, calculated at a daily rate (day rate / 10 hrs max).
31. Event organizers are required to provide the ewerk GmbH with all planning documentation 14 days prior to the start of set-up, including a dimensioned diagram of the traverses on which all externally sourced equipment (name and weight) is clearly labelled. Event organizers are also required to provide all planning documentation for load lifting systems with resulting forces in the suspension points (including all externally sourced equipment include traverses, motors, slings, cables, and cable pick) to the ewerk GmbH.
32. The technical services provider agrees that the permitted load of the permanently installed components (traverses, motors, slings, anchor points, etc.) will not be exceeded at any point in time.
- This requires the preparation of a load assumption, which must take into account the dynamic of the system in operation
- Any calculations for the traverses must always take into account the most recent load tables and relevant safety factors
- Separate calculations are required for the individual traverse lines. Please refer to the load table above for assistance.
33. All externally sourced equipment or components must comply with the current safety-related regulations, provisions, norms, and laws as well as the accident prevention regulations and the generally accepted state of technology. Proof of testing must be provided to the ewerk upon request. Untested equipment is prohibited and may not be used.
34. A rehanging / expansion of any currently installed motors / traverses is only permitted after prior consultation with Spice Event GmbH.
35. Any additions or attachments to the existing traverses must be made without damage to the existing elements.
36. The following must be provided no later than one week before the start of set-up:
- Planning documentation with dimensioned diagram of the traverses including labelling of any externally sourced equipment (name and weight)
- Load assumption including resulting forces in the individual suspension points (including all externally sourced materials, cables, and cable pick as well as the currently installed motors, slings, etc.)
- A separate calculation is required for the built-in traverse (Global Truss F34) (see the load tables and, if necessary, the individual calculation for this traverse).
The qualifications of the rigger (for set-up and dismantling) must be demonstrated through the provision of the relevant documents (according to IGVW SQQ2 at least LEVEL 1 is required; for complex operations LEVEL II is required, i.e. any projects involving the hanging of a traverse and the connecting of individual lines).
37. The load assumption will be reviewed for plausibility but will not be subject to a recalculation by the ewerk. The burden of accuracy and responsibility continues to lie with the technical service provider operating the equipment.
38. The ewerk reserves the right to have any implausible calculations or loads approaching the limits of plausibility to be reviewed by a structural engineer. Such a review will only be conducted after prior discussion between the ewerk and the technical service provider, and any resulting costs will be added to the event budget.
39. Any defects or damage to the system must be reported to the ewerk GmbH without delay.
40. The sound condition of the integrated load lifting system in Hall C will be documented and confirmed by the ewerk GmbH both upon the transfer of Hall C to / from the event organizer.
41. The event organizer is responsible for safeguarding the system against operation by unauthorized third parties.
42. The event organizer will ensure compliance with the authorised set-up plans and loads.
43. The event organizer will ensure protective equipotential bonding.
44. All externally sourced equipment or components brought in by the event organizer or third parties authorised by the event organiser conform to the current safety-related regulations, provisions, norms and laws as well as the accident prevention regulations and the generally accepted state of technology. All equipment must be tested for safety prior to the start of set-up through testing conducted on site or through provision of relevant inspection records. Untested equipment is prohibited and may not be operated on the site of the ewerk.
45. Any rehanging / expansion of the currently installed motors / traverses can only be carried out after prior consultation with the ewerk GmbH.
46. The event organiser must provide the required experts for the set-up and dismantling as well as the rehearsal and event periods (as stipulated in the accident prevention regulations, corporate regulations Berlin).
47. In the case of events that do not involve the use of the currently installed motors and traverses, the event organiser may not dismantle / remove these elements.
48. The removal or modification of the installed traverses is available as a separate service. This also applies to the expansion of the system.
49. Furthermore, the ewerk offers load assumption planning services based on a detailed set-up plan. This service is provided as a separate item in the event budget.
IV. Hall F
50. If Hall F is used, at least 2 security guards shall be required during the building periods. During the event time, depending on the event concept, at least 6 security guards shall be required. The security personnel shall be provided by ewerk GmbH.
51. The galleries may only be accessed by duly instructed personnel and in no event by visitors.
52. During construction and dismantling, the Bütec floor must be protected from damage with a suitable material (for example carpet).When driving on the Bütec floor, punctual loads shall be avoided by using pads. When driving on the Bütec floor, punctual loads shall be avoided by using pads.
53. If the basement in Hall F is used for the event, two to five security officers shall be deployed for purposes of basement access control. The number of such officers shall depend on the nature and scope of the event. Such security officers shall be hired by ewerk.
54. Smoking is prohibited in the basement. If any element of the fire alarm system is deactivated, the personnel working in the basement shall be given fire protection instructions.
55. All fog and cooking activities in the location require the in-house fire alarm system to be switched off and must be notified in writing to ewerk GmbH no later than two weeks before the start of the event.
a) In diesem Fall stellt die ewerk GmbH für den erforderlichen Zeitraum (auch Probeläufe) eine Brandwache.
b) Sollte durch Missachtung ein Fehlalarm ausgelöst werden, trägt die Kosten für den Feuerwehreinsatz der Veranstalter in vollem Umfang.
56. The catering supplier which has been authorized by the Promoter shall ensure that all cooking activities with substances requiring extinguishing agents of fire classification F (e.g. grease fire) will be secured by providing a sufficient amount of operable fat fire extinguishers according to DIN EN 3 which have to be available on site before cooking. Furthermore the catering supplier is encouraged to follow the instructions of the fire security experts and security personnel of ewerk GmbH.
57. Cooking with gas-powered appliances (including fuel pastes) is strictly prohibited. Only electronically operated equipment is allowed.
58. The loading doors of the porch are only to be operated by trained personnel.
59. All doors and windows shall be kept closed when noisy activities such as rehearsals, sound checks and performances are in progress.
60. If the courtyard balcony (area III.2) is used, a security officer shall be posted at the entrance to such balcony. Such security officer shall be hired by ewerk.
V. roof terrace and skylounge
61. If the roof terrace is used, at least 1 security guard shall be required during the building periods. During the event time, depending on the event concept, at least 2 to 8 security guards shall be required. The security personnel shall be provided by ewerk GmbH.
62. A maximum of 200 people in total may enter the indoor and outdoor areas of the roof terrace (8th/7th floor).
63. The organizer has the possibility of transporting the necessary technical equipment to the roof terrace with the lift 9, provided the transport protection (transparent tarpaulin) is installed.
64. Keeping open the elevator doors must be done exclusively via the loading button in the elevator. Blocking the doors, e.g. through boxes is strictly prohibited.
65. The organizer is obliged to draw up a bad weather scenario and must keep himself constantly informed about the weather development. Sufficient staff to adequately respond to adverse weather conditions (such as complete or partial removal of open space) shall be kept available, as appropriate.
66. Setting up umbrellas and tents on the terrace is possible depending on the weather and only with a stability certificate.
67. The terrace and roof shall not be used during periods of lightning.
68. After 10 pm, the volume of any audio system that is operated on the terrace shall be kept at a
moderate level. Live music and/or dancing music is prohibited after 10 pm.
69. Under no circumstances shall objects such as candles, drinking glasses, and/or ashtrays be placed anywhere on the railing or on the enclosure walls.
70. Under no circumstances shall bottles be distributed to event attendees, nor shall any objects be discarded on the grounds.
71. The use of torches and similar items on the terrace is prohibited.
72. The use of charcoal is prohibited.
73. The catering supplier which has been authorized by the Promoter shall ensure that all cooking activities with substances requiring extinguishing agents of fire classification F (e.g. grease fire) will be secured by providing a sufficient amount of operable fat fire extinguishers according to DIN EN 3 which have to be available on site before cooking. Furthermore the catering supplier is encouraged to follow the instructions of the fire security experts and security personnel of ewerk GmbH.
VI. Allowable number of persons / security officers
74. The organizer shall ensure that the allowable number of persons in the various spaces is not exceede
75. Where, following review of the event organizer’s security plan or due to any other circumstance, it emerges that additional security is needed for ewerk itself, the surrounding area or so as to ensure that the event is realized in an orderly fashion, ewerk GmbH shall hire any additional security officers that are needed.
VII. Cleaning / WC / Disposal
76. A WC service comprising 1 person per hall shall be required. This service shall be provided by ewerk GmbH. The WC service shall be charged at a rate of EUR 24,00 per hour, consumables at a rate of EUR 20,00 per an amount of 100 persons.
77. Final or intermediate cleanings will be charged on the actual consumption. The pricing is as follows:
a) Cleaning Monday – Saturday 5am-10pm EUR 26,00/hour
b) Cleaning Monday – Saturday 10pm – 5am EUR 30,00/hour
c) Cleaning Sunday and holidays 5am – 10pm EUR 41,00/hour
d) Cleaning Sunday and holidays 10pm – 5am EUR 45,00/hour
78. The toilets and drains in the EC and UG are to be used only as intended. It is strictly forbidden to wash away any kind of items (such as lemon peels, cigarette butts, sanitary napkins). This leads to the failure of the lifting system. In the case of infringement, the costs for a repair must be borne in full by the organizer.
79. Residual waste is charged at EUR 100.00 per container (1m³), 50 EUR per ton (240l). Glass and paper waste must be disposed of by the organizer or his authorized third party after the event has been dismantled. Should use of refuse containers, the corresponding requirement must be reported in advance.
80. The refuse containers are to be filled as intended, otherwise they will be charged as residual waste.